Through the narrow viewfinder

Friday, April 06, 2007

21st bday


i turned 21 on the 21st of March this year

Apparently, the Coors Brewery behind the Colorado School of Mines gives coming-of-age-minors a special treat. i wanted to check it out, so i followed Travis and Dave,
season campaigners with a wealth of experience.

It was a tradition to down 3 glasses of fermented barley on your 21st birthday. i tried Dave's
recommendation, Harvey Moon. it tasted great.

i was also presented with a shirt admist the cheering of everyone in the bar.

My birthday ended with a bang and a splat. at the end of my wednesday shift, Mike (slate cafe's ex-international station chef) grabbed me from behind while Tiny (slate cafe's ex-pasta station chef) shoved a chocolate cream pie in my face. staining my yellow fila shirt in the process.

Im 21. The drought is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home